Awesome is kind of in the eye of the beholder… everyone measures or recognises awesome differently, however, when you boil it down awesome does tend to comprise of the same core traits. Popularity aside, awesome is something we all want to be. We want to be awesome, lead awesome lives by doing awesome things… but where does one start?
Once upon a time I set myself the task of being more awesome, which is vague airy fairy way of saying I really wanted to just embrace being me.
I’ve never been “cool” or particular popular, and I’m pretty okay with that, I’m not interested in following the crowd just to be “cool” but I do fell that being awesome is well within my reach.
Easy Steps To Becoming Awesome
- Do What You Think – Follow your gut and what you believe in and people will in turn respect you. Have a weird idea? Make it a reality. Don’t let neigh sayers stand in your way, many great things have sprung from off the wall ideas.
- Confidence In You – Awesome is being yourself and being confident in who you are as a person, you don’t need follow fads and fashions if you don’t want to.
- Authentic – Be you for you, not the you that you perceive others to want you to be. Be your own idea of awesome not what the masses deem as awesome. I’ve found being authentic and being myself to be a massive weight off my shoulders, and more and more I’m learning what that looks like.
- Nobody Is Universally Liked – Remember this, and stop striving to be loved by all… some people like coffee and some people just don’t, you literally will not be everybody’s cup of coffee. Don’t let being disliked or less liked by some people affect you.
- Good Friends!!!! If you don’t have friends that respect you and who you are, then its possibly time to start assess who your friends are. In life friendships are always about quality rather than quantity.
- Believe it, or not – Awesome people are just awesome. They believe and therefore just are. Believe you are awesome and you’ve practically got this all stitched up.
- Shit Happens – Awesome people don’t sweat the small stuff, and understand somethings just are what they are. Life won’t always be in your control and coming to terms with “sometimes shit just happens” is key.
Slightly More Complicated Steps To Being Awesome
According to the web being awesome requires the below… which frankly I don’t have time nor the inclination for. Popularity is over-rated and shouldn’t be the yard stick for success in life, as for the other two maybe one day.
- Learn to speak a foreign language – People always look up to those who can do something they can’t.
- Become popular – I know it sounds like a case of easier said than done but it is actually so easy when you are just incredibly nice to people .
- Being awesome can come from knowledge – Arm yourself with a mountain of knowledge across a range of topics and wow people which your vast and interesting knowledge.